Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Yellow and Turquoise


This was a tough one for me. Yellow and turquoise somehow didn't appeal to me. Turquoise would be lovely with white, yellow  could go with white, green, pink, blue etc. But I was given these color combo as inspired by the bride's dress. Oh boy, I thought. 

Took me awhile to come up with these designs. I told myself not ALL need to have the turquoise color. So that too the pressure off a bit. This was the most times I sketched the designs on paper thinking how best these color could stand out. Since I suggested to have several designs, I asked for trouble without knowing it. The net wasn't much help since there was no examples of these color combo.

"Do we have to follow the color of the dress? Really?".  Heck, that's what the customer wants. There wasn't much I could worm myself to try other colors instead. But after many experiments , that didn't turn out how I imagined it would, and circles beginning to form around my eyes. This was the best I came up with.



The most designs in one box I had done, 7 yellow and turquoise theme cupcakes for hantaran.

Leaf hearts, tulips and hearts with the couple's initials and the nuptial's date. I wasn't satisfied with this one. All the designs I sketched didn't come out right. I regretted this one, the initials. But I was pressed for time.

Another close up. Here u can see the poppy flower design inspired from Lindy's book"Let's celebrate" I just bought.


Aah...how a simple daisy cut out can look quite elegant....at least to me.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment