Friday, January 1, 2010

A cake for my Dido


I don't fancy doing kiddy cakes coz they do take a lot of work to make them real pretty and all kiddy. And it's been a long, long while since i even attempt to make a kiddy cake. As 2009 progressed i found myself indulging into creating elegant cakes...but not much opportunity. but then again...

But since it would be almost blasphemous of me not to make birthday cakes for my OWN kids, i conjurged up all strength in me to make one impressive cake for my son. I was pretty ambitious despite my flesh is as weak as my spirit. But even after procastinating, i got a tad lazy after making the wings at the end of the plane. Make them out of tiger biscuits wrapped in white fondant. it would take me to buy a whole packet of Jacobs crackers but only two was required to make the front wings...so after considering the economics of it (every penny saved is ......). I convinced myself that kiddy cakes were MEANT to have flaws. It didn't need to look like a real plane. So long that it somewhat gives that impression at a glimpse. If anybody who took one look at it and couldn't figure out it was a plane.....now that would mean that something is wrong with THAT person and not this (lazy) decorator. ;)

Anyway, i did thought of how to create the clouds. Used half a muffin and covered it with white buttercream. And what a way to place those "Happy Birthday" candles, eh? Smart? Right! ......always looking for an easy way out.

But at any rate, this is what transpired. And by the looks and the "WOW" response from my kids, I could only be happy that i finally made it without having to shamefully go to a bakery and ordered on instead!



Happy birthday Dido!

And this is what I did for my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment