Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Selamat Hari Raya 2009



When i was assigned to do raya themed cupcakes for a project class, i was scratching my head..."raya cupcakes?". So internet sourced research made me feel like a fool. Little did i knew there was ever such a thing as raya themed cupcakes for gift package.

I did an order of cupcakes for raya last year which i totally screwed up because of a misunderstanding. After apologizing, i hardly heard from that client again...surprise, surprise. hahaha...double idiot, only realized what the client wanted when the "complaint" was issued. I did offer to return the money but was politely declined. I still remember the disappointed tone over the phone ringing in my ear till now. Sigh!
So after a couple of play with fondant like plastercine, I came up with this. To my surprise, i received some favourable feedback.

Then about 1 week after class, i recieved a call from a friend who wanted to order cupcakes for raya for her to give to some of her friends and client...and she ordered by the pieces. Quickly , I suggested this package, which she agreed since having trust in me since her last order completely satisfied her. But i didn't want to replicate so i came up with this twist instead....




This was the pacakging I came up with. Small, manageable and direct.



Pretty unconventional colors for a raya themed cupcakes. But for those who knows me, wouldn't be surprised...I'm pretty unconventional myself. ;)

I hope my friend likes it. Selamat Hari Raya everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment