Monday, April 13, 2009

The first attempt at cake decorating


I've been baking since I was 14 but only some odd ten years ago did I had my first attempt of learning how to decorate a cake. The obvious next step post baking. So without any knowledge and without youtube for reference (well, there was no youtube back then), did this.

This had bittersweet memories, making this cake. Soon after I have finished making the batter, my  toddler son toppled the mixing bowl and HALF of the batter spilled onto the floor. 

I screamed and ran into my room and found myself crying. Like a little girl. I had spent months to garner the courage within me to come up with this, months of preparation for such an amateur's work. Thinking how best to design my very first "train cake" for my son. All that work and enthusiasm was up in smoke with just the help of dainty hands whom I couldn't scold for he knew nothing. 

But the next day after the cake had cooled down and the tears had dried, with renewed faith and determination to make this cake happened, this was my ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment