Monday, April 13, 2009

My 1st engagement cake


This was the very first cake I made for my niece's engagement. She had an apple green theme. A few months prior to this, I found a lady who teaches baking from home and just a stone's throw from where I used to lived. So I jumped at the chance. My very first class on baking and learning butter icing.

This butter icing recipe is one used eons ago and according to my 1st teacher, it's hardly found in any bakeries these days. It's required some arm muscle just to mix it by HAND but it tasted pretty good and this was the same design she showed us on a heart shaped cake.

So when my niece told me she was getting engaged (again, eons ago) , I took opportunity and offered to make her engagement cake as a means to advertise myself. And this was what I came up with, with so very little knowledge and experience in cake decor. But I thought not bad for a newbie.



No comments:

Post a Comment