Friday, January 7, 2011

Designer Handbag




After a year of saving and planning, I finally took up this art of making a handbag cake. Felt a little left behind and much earlier I decided NOT to learn how to make handbag cakes but I just HAD to learn from this Master Sifu whose works simply stood out.

But my timing was really bad. Quiet a bomb I had to invest. After many friendly correspondences via Facebook only I finally got to meet her in the flesh.

I just closed my eyes and paid my fees and hope this will be worth my monies. But I got more than I bargained for. Really didn't expect to learn making hand painted scarf AND the shoe! Another one that i promised NOT to do and look what happened.

But it wasn't just those 3 things that I gained. Learning from the master in her own environment, I got to know not just the teacher. But the mother, the woman, the survivor.

We chit chat like a couple of grandmas from start to finish. So I'm pretty surprised that we did managed to get it all done.

In the end, I see this master is just like one among us. Trying to carve a name in this industry and despite her own adversity, she managed to create such realism in her art. Did not let her adversity stand in her way to achieve her goal. Determination and passion combine that I can emulate. I salute u Sifu.

My gratitude to u and your girls (yep, her daughters helped me with this! and they are better than me!).

A close up of the shoe...I have yet to finish the buckle. God knows when!

1 comment:

  1. Can you give me your email so I can enquire you more about a wedding cake order? thank you..! ;)

    Rgds,
    Nina

    ReplyDelete